- Turn On Your Hazard Lights When you flick on your hazard lights, drivers behind you will recognize that something is wrong.You should keep your hazard lights on the whole duration of time your car is broken down on the side of the road. from the moment you realize something is wrong until it is towed by towing service
- Pull Off To The Side Of The Road If You Can Try to pull over far away from any curves in the road behind you.
- This will allow you to easily get back onto the road and will also make you more visible to oncoming traffic.
- If you can’t get over to the side of the road, make sure you do not get out of your vehicle.Being stuck in the middle of the road is scary.but trying to get out of a vehicle and run away to safety across the highway is insane.If you can, turn on any interior and exterior lights you have to increase visibility.Most highways are heavily patrolled; so chances are you won’t be a “sitting duck” for long.
- Alert Motorists Like stated above, you should put on your hazard lights immediately. This should make your situation obvious to most motorists behind you.
- To further help your cause (after you are out of your vehicle).
- You should place flares or neon warning triangles around your car.
- They often come with your car’s safety kit. You could also hang a white cloth or a white piece of paper outside your driver’s side window. This will let people know that you are in trouble and that they can proceed around you.
- Prevent Your Car From Moving (Rolling)Turn your wheel away from the road and put your emergency brake on. This is especially helpful if your car is facing downward on a hill. You do not want your car rolling out into traffic and causing even more problems.
- Carefully Get Out Of The Car As stated earlier. if you were not able to pull over to the side of the road.and are still in the middle of the road.stay in the car and wait for help, If you are on the shoulder or the side of the road.make sure there are no cars coming up fast behind you before getting out.If you are on the right side of the road, climb over and get out of the car on the passenger side.
- If you are on the left side of the road,you can get out through the driver’s side door.Trust your gut instinct,If it seems too dangerous to get out of the car in your current situation. keep your seat belt buckled and stay put! Like said above, highways and major roadways are heavily patrolled and help is most likely already on the way before you even reach for your cell phone.
- Call For Roadside assistance Call Us 305-507-0154 Local Towing Service.If the situation is serious, call 9-1-1.
- If your phone is dead or you do not have a phone on your person, a passing by motorist might be able to call for help, If no methods of communication are available, you will have to wait patiently for a patrolman or a policeman to drive by.
- Pop Your Hood You can either pop your hood before or after you get out of your vehicle. A popped hood is one of the universal signs of a broken down car. When drivers see a popped hood on a car in the breakdown lane, they know to pass with caution.
- Patiently Wait For Help Stay near your car.but safely away from speeding traffic, as you wait for help to arrive.You might be tempted to walk to the next exit for help, but realize that this is not only dangerous but often times illegal.
33180 33146 33134 33155 33015 33189 33190 33178 33034 33172 33143 33170 33016 33018 33010 33012 33013 33014 33030 33031 33035 33039 33179 33183 33173 33176 33193 33149 33033 33142 33144 33145 33150 33185 33101 33135 33136 33137 3313833122 33125 33126 33127 33128 33129 33130 33131 33132 33133 33194 33139 33140 33141 33109 33055 3305633169 33166 33161 33168 33181 33162 33054 33157 33158 33156 33032 33187 33177 33160 33154 33174 33175 33182 33184 33186 33196 33165 33147 33167
Miami Homestead Florida City Miami Beach CoralGables Hialeah North Miami Opa-locka Miami Springs South Miami Golden Beach North Miami Beach Miami Shores Biscayne Park Surfside El Portal Indian Creek Village Sweetwater North Bay Village West Miami Bay Harbor Islands Bal Harbour Virginia Gardens Hialeah Gardens Medley Key Biscayne Aventura Pinecrest Sunny Isles Beach Miami Lakes Palmetto Bay